Thursday, October 4, 2007

dallas, texas.

i'm back in the land of bigger & better or so these texans think :) that was part of my issue while i lived here- i'm not such a fan of this motto, but this state does wear it well. there are some awesome parts of dallas -for instance: friends of mine, leah & michael, who are letting me stay with them, live in university park, a very nice neighborhood where smu is located. i went running this morning (don't ask me why, i think it was my new exciting trail running shoes!) & kept myself entertained with window shopping in the cool local stores & exploring the streets with old, beautiful houses.

uptown is also a very cool place where most of the galleries are located. I worked for christopher martin & his wife staci -she ran a little boutique inside the gallery where we sold our jewelry & other awesome findings. chris is an amazing abstract artist- I proudly have one of his works on my living room wall! I wasn't able to see them because they are in the hospital welcoming their second child into the world -CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

so, when jason, jennifer & i talked about doing an engagement shoot while i was here i knew two places i realllllly wanted to go. his gallery & nasher sculpture gardens. both very worth visiting if you're in the area.

here are two images from his gallery.




we actually hit nasher first -it's a beautiful museum celebrating sculpture & architecture. the rest of the images are from there.






this giant metal sculpture was so cool-




they are so sweet & kind to eachother -i thought this said it all and was probably my favorite image from the day.



they are getting married tomorrow & having a small reception for family & close friends & then a major party saturday night for everyone else. i can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. Great photos and blog . . . I'm glad to see Jason and Jennifer arranged for you to capture this weekend, and that they'll have some creative and unique photos to show for it, instead of the typical wedding dreck. And seeing you snapping shots reminded me to use my bounce flash for some photos of Hannah . . . the lighting in the hospital is just not conducive to good photos, and the flash just emphasizes all the veins and blotches of a newborn's skin.

    ReplyDelete