Saturday, March 24, 2007

pottery

ahhhhh. i love low key saturdays. i woke up this morning, kissed bryan goodbye as he and the boys headed to tuscan for an ultimate frisbee scrimage, took a shower and headed into the ceramic studio. i'm wearing cut-off jeans, a green bandana rolled up & a brown tank top -but, by the time i left i looked like one big white glob. i get so messy and covered in my clay. i love it. throwing pots is the most relaxing thing for me, well that & swimming & riding my bike & being halfway into a really good book & being at my camp in upstate new york... okay, so i have a few things that will undoubtably chill my nerves, slow my breathing & bring a smile across my face. as i get older & things seem to get more difficult it's so nice knowing i'll have my vices to turn to when i need them.

brian andreas - my favorite quote artist (his website is storypeople.com) has several quotes that i love but here's the one for today.

"If you hold on to the handle, she said, it's easier to maintain the illusion of control. But it's more fun if you just let the wind carry you."

we all strive so hard for control & although it's necessary sometimes, other times we should be more flexible. i'm in a 'let go' stage right now. playing in the dirt tends to do that to me.

since ceramics is on the brain i thought i'd post a couple pictures from the NCECA conference that i went to last week. (the national ceramic convention was in my hometown this year!) for those of you that don't know i got my degree in ceramics (& photojournalism) from western kentucky university. i loved every second- well almost every second of it! and last week at the conference i got to hangout with my girls. the ceramic girls (kelly, rosemary, me, & emily) -we spent many nights together in the studio -talking, laughing, listening to great music and making some cool art. last week was awesome & sad at the same time because i'll forever miss our camaraderie & the inspiration you fill me with. i love artists. they rock.




No comments:

Post a Comment