Tuesday, July 17, 2007

aww. this place i keep mentioning...

silver bay.


i left stillwater the monday after the wedding & spent the entire day either in line so i could try to get a seat on the next flight or on a flight. my second day of being 26 was not so good! but i knew that very soon i'd be back at silver bay & on lake george & none of it would matter.

my bestfriend sarah, flew up to meet me for a week. we hadn't seen eachother in such a long time- so we decided to rent a car & do a little road trip through vermont. which is my favorite state, ever. here's a few pics from vermont:

it's such a beautiful place!



back at silver bay. sarah & i at the top of inspiration point. one of my favorite hikes.



carolyn, the personnel director of silver bay, my old boss & one of my favorite people from sba, took us out on her boat to watch the '2nd of july fireworks'. it rained. the 4th got rained out as well, which is a bummer because their fireworks show is known as "the best 4 in the north!"


a few sweet pictures from silver bay & hague, the next big town (and by big i mean maybe 200 people live there.)






a very exciting yard sale.


then sarah flew home :( & i had a day all to myself. it started to get rainy & cold- and the hoody my mom bought me for my b-day present came in handy! i love silver bay when it storms. you can watch it come from the north. i was so excited for bryan to come the next day- not only was he finally going to meet this place he's heard me talk about for over 7 years, he was going to see it with lots of weather! (he's a meteorologist & we dont' get much more than sunshine in az.)

here's one of the storms


it's such an amazing place. almost like stepping back into time. there are only a few phones on campus for the guests (usually around 800 people on campus during the summer) & one computer. no t.v.'s! you spend your time doing things i imagine my grandparents doing when they were young: shuffle board, scrabble, reading books, painting, hiking, swimming, canoing. it's wonderful & peaceful. i hope to alway be able to take my (future) children there every summer.

i had a great time playing shuffleboard, b/c it's something i could beat him at!!


my grandmother loved playing scrabble. i grew up watching her play it. it's one of my favorite games... we got a few of the young emps (college aged, summer employees) to play with us. gregs helping bryan cheat... & i only mention it because he claims he won...



bryan became obsessed with the archery center- he was pretty good at & after trying all week he made his goal of getting all five arrows in the red or better.


i hit a bullseye on my first set of arrows, but it was downhill from there.


one morning we stopped to have breakfast at this cute cafe. i don't remember what i had, but it was yummy. i was too busy loving the quaint little building & all of the little details.


it was so relaxing.

bryan has now passed the silver bay test & we can continue this relationship :)

i'm back in phoenix & missing silver bay something crazy -especially since it's 114 degrees. we had our first monsoon storm last night & haboob which is a wall of dust that covers the city very slowly, it's really cool-

i had three great weeks of exciting adventure! now i'm at home for a few more weeks before i head back to ky for a wedding. karl & lorinda's. karl was the best man at a wedding i shot three years ago. i can't wait to see him again & meet his bride!

4 comments:

  1. I've been lurking at your blog for a while now, and this post has made me nostalgic for our good times at silver bay. I will be there in a few weeks, but only for about 3 days. I'm glad to hear you will be bringing your future kids there for the summer, because I will be there with mine, too! Oh, and I think my dad has a picture of us at Inspiration point from when we were like 15, which may have been your first trip up there with me. I'll have to "borrow" it when I'm up there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to call you after I left to get you to buy me something from the yard sale, but alas, I couldn't get a hold of you. I guess I'll just have to live without that rusted edger! Darn!!
    I love and miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pictures are fantastic. Jim loves your work more and more, each time I show it to him. He apparently can't figure out how to get to your blog on his own. Miss you and still owe you your book. It will get there eventually. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Megan,
    Good to see some actual pictures of you and Bryan. Glad you guys are having the fun on this post and you aren't just documenting someone else's good time. Hope you're well.

    ReplyDelete