Monday, September 3, 2007

Bittersweet weekend.

i was supposed to be in l.a. over labor day weekend with a girlfriend of mine from highschool, sara. she had her bachelorette party there & after hearing the full report they had a fabulous time! her wedding is in three weeks (eek, so close!)and my bridesmaids dress hasn't arrived yet!!!

but, my mom had a herniated disc & was in a lot of pain & i couldn't handle her sad voice over the phone so i flew home to be with her. she had a very successful surgery on wednesday & i flew home this morning. she's feeling much better now & in three weeks she'll be as good as new.

a lot of things happened over the weekend. my brother is a senior in college at thomas more & he is a wide receiver on their football team. i know i'm a proud big sister but he kicks some major booty. i was able to go to his first game of the season and shoot from the sidelines. i got some awesome pictures (i took over 300 so my mom would feel like she was there) but i wont make you look through all of those :)

saturday was also my mom's birthday. some of her sister's came over & we had a nice relaxing dinner for her. not the greatest birthday ever- but we celebrated with a pinata & spice cake, yum yum.

my sister's boyfriend, jeff, was in town. he lives in new york city & it was his lucky weekend to meet my mom. my family is a lot of fun, but perhaps overwhelming for newcomers... so it maybe wasn't horrible my mom was subdued... he'll get to see the real us sooner or later ;)

here are a few pictures from the week and a half i spent at home...

yeah no. 3!

the ohio river... hanover college (where the game was) is the only place you can see 3 bends in the river. it was a beautiful day.



great uncle bill, aunt michele, great aunt lois & my papa, steve. it was great to see you bill & lois!!



me, my brother john, my sister stephani, her boyfriend jeff & her best friend stephanie.


my aunt karen, aunt teresa also known as teecee, and my mom on her birthday. my mom is one of eleven & they are all very close. i'm one of 31 cousins... we have very large parties.



my grandparents passed away two summers ago & left us a beautiful love story. my grandmother died 6 weeks after my grandfather of a broken heart. we've adopted the hummingbird as our family mascot -so to speak, because a hummingbird started to come to my grandmother's window the last week she was alive. when she slipped into a comma... 2 hummingbirds started to appear at the same time "to check in on us" and now, we are obsessed with them. this hummingbird never left my mom's porch the entire time i was there.


these next few weeks are going to be crazy but great!

i'm shooting hannah & tom's wedding (her bachelorette party was hiking havasu falls, an earlier post) in ohio. the next weekend i'm in a wedding in st. louis & the weekend after that i'm in dallas, texas for another wedding. so stay posted because i'll be posting a ton of stuff!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun time with your family. The action shots are great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I got to see you since it's been so long. I'm sorry we weren't able to get together again. I missed your call...I was at a family BBQ anyways, and then at the lake the next day (have you seen the pics on my blog what happened at the lake?). So glad your mom had successful surgery. Can't wait to see you again! Don't you need to come to DC sometime soon?

    ReplyDelete