Thursday, September 20, 2007

i've been tagg'd

my dear, talented friend, jennifer bowen, of jennifer bowen photography tagged me for the 'eight levels of narcissism' where i'm supposed to share 8 things you may not know about me & then tag 8 other photographers. so here goes: click the above link to read a post about me on her blog- she's so awesome.

1. i love plants. i'm completely addicted to buying plants & pots -although i love plants i'm not so hot @ keeping picky plants alive -particularly those that need water. but the cacti can survive anything!! (i go out of town so often, thats really to blame) here's my lil version of a garden & my two pups skye & kylie.



2. i have 6 piercings. 5 in my ears & one on my nose, its tiny. no tattoo's, yet- a friend is designing a hummingbird tattoo for the inside of my left wrist.

3. i dream of having a huge loft with tons of windows or a barn with a great big open door for a studio one day. i'll have a station for my ceramics, jewelry making complete with silversmithing equipment, a bookbinding/album making desk & oil painting. but for now i work in this cramped small space, but it's still all mine :) -the desk isn't usually this cluttered but i'm preparing my gear for a wedding this weekend in ohio.



4. i am still very close with almost all of my exes. i think of them as huge parts of my life & just because the role they play in my life has changed... that doesn't mean i love them any less, just differently.

5. i was caught attempting to breastfeed my brother when i was 5. my mom walked into the living room & found us (he was a few months old & probably very confused) -the reason i bring this up is that i've always, always wanted to be a mother. it will be my greatest accomplishment in life. you can stop laughing now- & john please don't hate me forever for this :)

6. i'd love to own horses one day (the scene from stepmom- i'd love to have that with my kids)

7. a balanced life & day for me would be... waking up & kayaking with kylie (my black lab) on the river that runs past our house. having fresh strawberries, yogurt & granola for breakfast, going to my studio for a couple of hours to throw some pots, watching my kids play in our yard, everyone helping out to cook dinner(since i'm not so good at that) & then playing scrabble & listening to prairie home companion until it's their bed-time, then bryan and i sharing a glass of white wine on the patio- watching the lightening & listening to rain.

8. every couple of years i'd like to go abroad & document a different culture. 3 years ago i got to visit my friend, dave, in honduras & stay a month in the orphanage he was working at (he lived there for a year.) it was the hardest month of my life, but also the greatest experience. i walked away feeling so greatful for what i have & that's something that shouldn't be so easily forgotten. my next trip is hopefully going to be in february to cuba. i've always wanted to go there-

so. my victims are going to be: (most are photographers by profession, but the ones that aren't have taken some beautiful photographs, so they should be)

theresa blackinton
justin fowler
brett marshall
luann rainford
hannah ruefner, soon to be mrs. struder
j.lee
will deshazer
shannon rice

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for tagging me and putting me with such an esteemed group.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! And thank you for the very sweet comments about me. Love you girl!!

    ReplyDelete