Thursday, May 15, 2008

pj reunion.

several months ago- a friend from college posted on myspace

three brothers
april 19th 8pm

& what followed was about 20 "old school" kids hanging out at our old bar in
good ol' bowling green, ky. i've mentioned several times my college days & how
fabulous they were so you can imagine that i put that date in my calender & said.
yep. i'll be there. it was so great seeing everyone- several of the attendee's were
people i hadn't seen since graduation!

walter came over for some breakfast at my mom's before we headed south on 64!
Photobucket

i hadn't been back to bg in at least 2 years. every time i go i love going by my old apts./
houses. the one on the top right is where my apt use to be. so sad, it's now god's parking
lot :( i lived there by myself for a year, it was such a great apartment. my kitchen was
purple & my living room was green & it was all mine.

Photobucket

i taught art classes at memphis marsha's art gallery for over a year. i love this funky little gallery & marsha. if you're ever in bg make sure you stop by!
Photobucket

i was so shocked by how great the campus looked. art was scattered about & they're
even building the other side of the stadium- i can't believe we have enough people coming
to games that we NEED both sides, but hey that's cool :)
Photobucket

isn't it beautiful? we're called the hilltoppers because we're built on a hill. you guessed
it before i even said it, didn't you? this is the flat part. but believe me it's on a hill &
woah i have that to thank for my killer calves :)
Photobucket

here's the first group to arrive. more came closer to the evening gala!
Photobucket

hugs.
Photobucket

our stoop. if we weren't inside printing prints or working on projects we were out here
hanging out. but sadly its no longer our stoop. since most of these guys left they've built
us a new building with all new equipment & computers. pretty high class, but i think we
would all trade the new stuff for our old duct-taped equipment because it builds character,
or at least so we think.
Photobucket

we made reservations at our favorite mexican restaruant! yummmmmm.
Photobucket

& then onto three brothers 4 or something like that. this place keeps losing it's liquor
licsence & having to reopen under another name so they keep adding a roman numeral.
Photobucket

web, sports shooter extrodianare!
Photobucket

me, vonnie & jacolyn giggling over something.
Photobucket

walking around town. aren't they adorable?
Photobucket

it was such a great night!

the next morning my friend clay came to pick me up so i could have some yummy breakfast
with a different group of friends. my life in college was divided between photography & art.

clay was in ceramics with me, ironically. will & i took sign language together & leslie & i worked at the best sushi restaurant in town together. will & leslie are expecting their
first baby, a baby boy in a few months!

pictured: me, will, leslie & clay.
Photobucket

ah. i miss that town & all those crazy peops!

No comments:

Post a Comment